The DoT (Department of Telecommunications) has implemented tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in multiple measures to ensure that telecom service providers (TSPs taf cop portal ) adequately serve their subscribers and protect their interests to prevent any fraudulent activities. As per current regulations, individual mobile users are allowed to register up to nine mobile connections under their names. To access more information regarding the TAFCOP Portal, including highlights, objectives, services provided, the procedure to check registered online connections, login, and much more, please read on.
TAFCOP | Department of Telecommunications – DOT
The TAFCOP Consumer Portal enables users to conveniently verify the number of active mobile connections registered under their name. This portal was launched by the Government of India to simplify the process of identifying any additional mobile numbers associated with a customer’s name and taking necessary actions to regularize them. However, it is important to note that providing your Aadhaar card for any purpose, including obtaining a Wi-Fi connection or any other reason, may put your identity at risk. Criminals can exploit your Aadhaar information to issue multiple SIM cards under your name, making it crucial to exercise caution when sharing personal information.
TAFCOP DGTELECOM Portal Highlights
|Name of Portal
|TAF COP PORTAL CONSUMER PORTAL
|Government Of India
|Official Launched By
|Department of Telecommunications
|All Mobile Users of India
|Checking Mobile Numbers registered under the user’s name
|All Indian Citizens
TAF COP PORTAL Objective
The primary purpose of this website is to help subscribers identify the number of active mobile connections registered under their name and take necessary actions to regularize any additional mobile connections they may have. However, it’s important to note that the responsibility for managing the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies primarily with the service providers.
TAF COP Portal gov in New Updated
The Tafcop DG Telecom Portal has been officially launched by the Indian government for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection purposes. This portal provides a direct way to check the number of SIM cards registered under a user’s name. This is a convenient and time-saving way to check mobile connections from the comfort of one’s home.
Currently, this facility is only available to consumers in Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland. The portal has been designed in an online mode to be easily accessible for everyone. There are concerns about the authenticity of the Tafcop Consumer Portal; however, it is a legitimate platform created for tracking SIM cards. Users can use this portal by entering their mobile numbers to track their SIM cards.
Benefits for Using tafcop dgtelecom gov in
Subscribers who have more than nine connections registered under their name will receive SMS reminders. To check the status and obtain the ticket ID reference number, you need to provide your cell phone number while logging in.
Benefits of the TAFCOP Portal
- Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections in their name will receive SMS notifications.
- Such subscribers can follow the necessary steps by clicking on the link provided.
- To check the status, click on the ‘Click here to log in with your number’ option.
- Enter the ‘Ticket ID Ref No’ in the ‘Request Status’ section.
Step-by-Step Guide to Check Your Registered Online Connections on TAFCOP Portal
Follow these simple steps to check your registered online connections on TAFCOP Portal:
- Visit the official website of TAFCOP: https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
- On the homepage, enter your mobile number in the designated field.
- Click on the “Request OTP” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in the designated field.
- Click on the “Validate” button.
- After successful verification, your registered online connections will be displayed on the screen.
How to Log in to the TAFCOP Portal
To access your registered account on the TAFCOP Portal, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the official website of TAFCOP, which is https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the given fields.
- Then, enter the captcha code as displayed on the screen.
- Finally, click on the “Login” button to access your registered account on the TAFCOP Portal.
Steps to Check if Your Mobile Number is Linked to Aadhaar
Steps to check if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI – www.uidai.gov.in
- Enter your Aadhaar number, mobile number, and security code (Captcha)
- Click on ‘Send OTP’
- If your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar, you will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP and verify your mobile number
- If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar, you will get a message: “Your mobile number is not enrolled in our records.
To link your mobile number with Aadhaar, follow the below-given steps:
- Download the Aadhaar update/correction form from the UIDAI website or get it from the nearest Aadhaar centre.
- Fill in the required details in the form and attach a copy of your Aadhaar card and a photo identification document such as PAN card, passport, voter ID, etc.
- Submit the form at the Aadhaar centre where your biometrics and demographic information will be verified.
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip, and your mobile number will get linked to Aadhaar within a few days.
- Alternatively, visit the telecom service provider’s store, provide your Aadhaar card and mobile number, and undergo biometric verification.
- After successful verification, you will receive an OTP and submit it to complete the verification process.
Important Links dot.gov.in TAFCOP Portal 2023 Direct Link
FAQ tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in Portal 2023
yes, The TAFCOP Portal tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in has been launched by the Government of India to facilitate customers in swiftly determining the count of mobile numbers registered under their name and taking necessary actions to rectify any additional mobile connections.
To check the status of your request on the official Tafcop Dg Telecom Gov In Portal, log in with your number and enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the “Request Status” section.
TAFCOP stands for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection. It is a portal launched by the Indian government to help consumers determine how many mobile numbers are associated with their names and to take necessary action for regularizing any additional mobile connections that may exist. The purpose of TAFCOP is to combat the issue of fake or unauthorized mobile connections in India, which can be used for illegal activities such as fraud, terrorism, and other criminal activities. By enabling consumers to check the number of mobile connections in their name, the government aims to prevent the misuse of mobile connections and protect consumers from fraudulent activities.