The DoT (Department of Telecommunications) has implemented tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in multiple measures to ensure that telecom service providers (TSPs taf cop portal) adequately serve their subscribers and protect their interests to prevent any fraudulent activities. As per current regulations, individual mobile users are allowed to register up to nine mobile connections under their names. To access more information regarding the TAFCOP Portal 2023, including highlights, objectives, services provided, the procedure to check registered online connections, login, and much more, please read on tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.
The Government of India has merged all the features of the TAFCOP Portal with the Sanchar Sarthi Portal. Now you can avail the benefits of TAFCOP through the Sanchar Sarthi Portal. To learn more about the Sanchar Sarthi Portal, click here.
TAFCOP | Department of Telecommunications – DOT
The TAFCOP Consumer Portal offers a user-friendly way to verify the number of active mobile connections linked to an individual’s name. Launched by the Government of India, this portal streamlines the process of identifying any additional mobile numbers associated with a customer and facilitates the necessary steps to regularize them. However, it is essential to be cautious about sharing your Aadhaar card for any purpose, such as obtaining a Wi-Fi connection or other reasons, as it may pose a risk to your identity. Criminals could exploit your Aadhaar information to issue multiple SIM cards under your name. Therefore, exercising caution and safeguarding personal information is of utmost importance.
TAFCOP DGTELECOM Portal Highlights
|🌐 Portal Name||TAF COP PORTAL & CONSUMER PORTAL|
|🏢 Established By||Indian Government|
|🚀 Officially Launched By||Telecommunications Department|
|📱 Designed For||Indian Mobile Users|
|🔍 Purpose||Verification of Mobile Numbers linked to user’s identity|
|🇮🇳 User Base||Citizens of India|
|📝 Registration on Portal||Unavailable|
|🔗 Official Website||tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in|
TAF COP PORTAL Objective
The main aim of this website is to assist users in identifying the total count of active mobile connections associated with their account and to take appropriate steps to resolve any extra mobile connections they might have. However, it’s crucial to understand that the primary responsibility for handling the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies with the service providers.
TAF COP Portal gov in New Updated
The Tafcop DG Telecom Portal has been officially launched by the Indian government for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection purposes. This portal provides a direct way to check the number of SIM cards registered under a user’s name. This is a convenient and time-saving way to check mobile connections from the comfort of one’s home.
At present, this service is exclusively accessible to consumers in Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland. The portal has been developed to be easily accessible online for everyone. Some doubts have been raised regarding the credibility of the Tafcop Consumer Portal, but it is a legitimate platform designed for tracking SIM cards. Users can use this portal to track their SIM cards by entering their mobile numbers.
Benefits of Using tafcop dgtelecom gov in
Subscribers with over nine connections registered under their names will get SMS reminders. To view the status and get the ticket ID reference number, you must provide your cell phone number during the login process.
Benefits of the TAFCOP Portal
- Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections will receive SMS notifications.
- Such subscribers can follow the necessary steps by clicking on the link provided.
- To check the status, click on the ‘Click here to log in with your number’ option.
- Enter the ‘Ticket ID Ref No’ in the ‘Request Status’ section.
How to Verify Online Connections Registered on the TAFCOP Portal
To check any mobile number on the TAFCOP Portal, new users need to follow these steps:
- Scroll down on the home page.
- Look for the option “Know Your Mobile Connections.”
- Click on “Know Your Mobile Connections” to find out how many connections you have.
Once you click on the “Know Your Mobile Connections” button, you will be directed to a new webpage: https://ta fcop.sancharsaathi.gov.in/telecomUser/. On this page, you must provide your mobile number and OTP (One-Time Password). You must also enter the captcha code, for example, in the image below.
- Once you have filled in all the necessary information, simply click on the login button to proceed
- After successful verification, your registered online connections will be displayed on the screen.
Steps to Check if Your Mobile Number is Linked to Aadhaar
Steps to check if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI – www.uidai.gov.in
- Enter your Aadhaar number, mobile number, and security code (Captcha)
- Click on ‘Send OTP’
- If your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar, you will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP and verify your mobile number
- If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar, you will get a message: “Your mobile number is not enrolled in our records.
To link your mobile number with your Aadhaar, follow the below-given steps:
- Download the Aadhaar update/correction form from the UIDAI website or get it from the nearest Aadhaar center.
- Fill in the required details in the form and attach a copy of your Aadhaar card and a photo identification document such as a PAN card, passport, voter ID, etc.
- Submit the form at the Aadhaar center where your biometrics and demographic information will be verified.
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip, and your mobile number will get linked to Aadhaar within a few days.
- Alternatively, visit the telecom service provider’s store, provide your Aadhaar card and mobile number, and undergo biometric verification.
- After successful verification, you will receive an OTP and submit it to complete the verification process.
Instructions for Verifying New Mobile Subscribers with TAFCOP
As per the recommendations of a Joint Expert Committee in DOT (TAFCOP) and the judgment of the Supreme Court of India in WP(C) No. 285/2010, finalized instructions are being issued through this letter for mandatory verification of new mobile subscribers. These instructions, available on the TRAI Portal
- Fill out the CAF form correctly and attach a photo, proof of address (POA) and proof of identity (POI) when submitting it to the SIM sales centre.
- Provide acknowledgement with CAF NO, MOBILE NO., POI, POA, date of issue, and name of the customer signed with the stamp of the POS.
- The person at the SIM sales centre will match the original identity and address proof documents and verify the customer’s photo in the form with the existing customer.
- The license-issuing network employee will update all the customer details in the database, informing that all documents have been verified and stored in the database, after which the new SIM will be activated.
- The POS worker must verify the consumer’s signature while selling the SIM and enter the mobile SIM’s date of sale and commissioning in the database.
- Complete the tele-verification process by calling customer care for address and identity verification once the mobile number is activated.
- Note that selling an already activated SIM will result in closure of the SIM, and a fine of Rs 50,000 will be imposed.
- Follow the guidelines for Prepaid to Postpaid and Postpaid to Prepaid conversions.
- Ensure no mistakes in the CAF Form, as the network provider will not be responsible for them, and the POS worker will verify that all information is true and correct as per the provided documents.
Tafcop Helpline Number
To deactivate a mobile number registered in your name but no longer in use, you can visit the Consumer Protection Portal at https://TAFCOP.dgtelecom.gov.in/. Please note that there is no helpline number available for this purpose.
It is worth noting that the tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in the portal has been launched by Trai Sim Check to safeguard the interests of mobile consumers in India. This platform is designed for the benefit of the general public, allowing you to monitor the number of SIMs associated with your name on tafcop dg telecom gov in.
Important Links dot.gov.in TAFCOP Portal 2023 Direct Link
FAQ TAFCOP Portal Login @ tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in Check Active SIM, Status
yes, The TAFCOP Portal tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in has been launched by the Government of India to facilitate customers in swiftly determining the count of mobile numbers registered under their name and taking necessary actions to rectify any additional mobile connections.
To check the status of your request on the official Tafcop Dg Telecom Gov In Portal, log in with your number and enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the “Request Status” section.
TAFCOP stands for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection. It is a portal launched by the Indian government to help consumers determine how many mobile numbers are associated with their names and to take necessary action to regularise any additional mobile connections. The purpose of TAFCOP is to combat the issue of fake or unauthorized mobile connections in India, which can be used for illegal activities such as fraud, terrorism, and other criminal activities. By enabling consumers to check the number of mobile connections in their name, the government aims to prevent the misuse of mobile connections and protect consumers from fraudulent activities.